Saturday, August 16, 2008

SES San Jose 2008 Food: La Victoria Taqueria - 1st Stop

So Nick Berliner - SEO guru at Marchex and in my mind what would be the product of a Seth Godin/Bobby Flay gene splicing project came up with the following list of Sips and Eats for SES San Jose.


View Larger Map

I immediately jumped on Mexican when I got here and hit up La Victoria Taqueria



"Hey, that photo sucks" Yup, I'm a terrible photographer, but it does capture the important parts of La Victoria (1) not a chain (2) decent sized burrito for 6 bones and (3) orange sauce that makes everything taste awesome. This place is key for when the road budget is running low.

How good is it? Well, it's not El Tarasco from my El Segundo days and it could be on par with Tacos Guaymas/Bluewater in Seattle. I can't make that call yet because the burrito was just above average. My sense is tacos are the way to go and sometime this week I'm crushing down chorizo and few more meats with orange sauce.