Saturday, June 28, 2008

Echo Falls Golf Club 17 and 18

After almost swearing off golf b/c of a 102 at Jackson with Nick, I decided to (1) not play golf with Nick again and (2) have a farewell Seattle round at Echo with Big Jake and Shawn. Here's us at 17 after I went 4 over on the front and followed that up with bogey, triple, bogey, bogey on 10-13. Highlights of the day were making 2 birdies (on the two par fives that I reach in 2 - still no eagles in my career) and having Jake give me 12 strokes.




Anyway, here we are at 17, 460 yard par four with the green over water. I'm six over on the back to this point and my drive left me 167 out. I'm thinking par while jake is 2 bills+ out (into the wind) and breaking out the 3 wood. Here he goes:



What! On the green with a 3 wood while I proceed to fade out a 6-iron into the water to make double! 18 was classic with me taking a divot so big it almost dented Jake and Shawn's cart. Some how saved bogey on 18 to round out the back with a 43. Posted my best score of the year so far in the farewell round - 83. And yes - the 15.7 handicap is going to come down.