Monday, April 7, 2008

Steelhead Diner - Pike Place Lunch

When I walked in, I wasn't sure about this place. I commented to Burn something about "Johnny Rocket's going upscale." He dismissed my useless commentary and set up base camp by the window (arguably best seat in the house)


We had some clams to get it going - no photo, but they were excellent (WARNING: the bread here is outrageously good - you will eat too much of it). Clams Menu Description (TOTTEN INLET MUSSELS IN PURGATORY With Spanish Chorizo, Roasted Garlic, Serrano Chilies, Tomatoes, Basil & Orange Zest)

Then we tried a couple of the entrees out. The pictures are post splitting of the entrees so don't think they gave us tiny, precious food portions.
  • GRILLED EASTERN WASHINGTON LAMB TOP ROUND *
    With Local Wild Mushroom & Crispy Brabant Potatoes
  • GRILLED SKIRT STEAK SANDWICH*
    With Oregon Bleu Cheese & Pickled Onions and Arugula


When I go back, I'm ordering the following:
  • KASU MARINATED BLACK COD
    With Baby Bok Choy, Shiitake Mushrooms & Ginger Salad
  • GRILLED EASTERN OREGON RABBIT
    With Roasted Farro Risotto & Sauce Robert
Steelhead Diner had a great vibe and is recommended.